The meat color is tricky. See my previous attempt for more details. What I changed was:
- I added a little bit of translucent to the meat dough. I just chopped it in, not blended.
- With red chalk I added more to the smoke ring.
- I added some brown chalk caramelized areas to the flesh.
- Darker crust (black chalk) and tried to make the edges of the slices sloppier. (with a tooth pick)
|Miniature meat board with cornbread|
Here is my first attempt at pizza. What I have changed is the sauce and cheese.
- Now I make the crust then fill the entire base with tomato sauce. Making sure to spill some on the crust. Bake for 5-10min.
- Then slop on some liquid cheese (liquid translucent, white and a little yellow). Also drape some cheese strings over the crust. You can brush chalk on these pieces to make them look toasted. Finally add the toppings and any chalk detailing.
|Bad crust but good cheese and sauce details|
|Good crust (textured with a toothbrush), not great cheese|
I have blogged about sushi a few times. The newest thing I have changed was the:
- little seaweed wraps on the pieces of sushi.
- More garnish. A slide of lime or orange and some wasabi (I used wasabi colored clay with a little translucent mixed in.
|Some miniature polymer clay sushi|