(serves 3 for dinner and lunch the next day on the ferry)
- More than two hands full of clams
- Some mussels (one hand full)
- A few oysters
- 2 red rock crabs (but dungeness would have been better...)
- 1 cup cream
- 2/3 cup reserved dead clam juice
- 1/2 pack bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- One pack of scallops you bought from the store because these are not easy to "forage"
- Some yummy new potatoes (1cm cubes)
|clams, mussels and oysters|
- Fry up the bacon. Once it starts to crisp up throw in the diced up celery and onions. Sweat them for a while then throw in the cubed potato.
- Meanwhile murder all of the animals. (boil the crabs to death and the rest dies on the BBQ). Make sure to reserve the clam juice.
- Remove the meat from the shells and throw it all in a pot and add the cream and clam juice. Maybe add a dash of green at the end for some color. We used fresh picked chives and garnished with some dried sea lettuce.
|bacon, onion, celery and potato|
|BC beer and intertidal chowder|