Thursday, June 23, 2011

Like a German mooman


Arcly is going to make jam, and I will also do preserving. Today I began making saurkraut. Apparently saurkraut does not get botulism because botulism in anaerobic, and the salt in saurkraut is a preservative. Anyhoo, saurkraut is apparently stupidly easy to make and you can make huge batches and never need to 'recycle' another glass jar again. Directions: Go to weirdmart, buy big glass container, take 1 cabbage, 1tbsp salt and 1 cup water and combine in big glass container. Squish down and put a weight on top. The end. In two weeks, eat saurkraut.

I took my big glass container outside to try and make it an artsy shot, but I think that either my camera is not as good as I thought or I am a terrible photographer.


And I still can't figure out how to put captions on pictures. So, until two weeks from now that is the end of my saurkraut adventure. I would like to take this opportunity to thank kitchen dog who supervises everything and apparently likes cabbage.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...