Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Making Mini Sushi (octopus and avocado/salmon rolls)

Miniature polymer clay sushi
Okay so I am done with mini pizzas (for now) and I have moved onto a past favorite, mini sushi. I did not do anything too complicated. I made octopus and avocado/salmon rolls. This is the first time I have put "salmon" on top of a sushi roll cane, and I'm really liking how it turned out. Again, these took forever! I worked on them for three nights after work. Hopefully next time its a bit faster, otherwise its going to take me five years to make enough junk for the craft fair.



Okay, so, maying its a bit weird putting orange and lime on a sushi platter, but I ran out of ideas and has some laying around. What is sushi served with anyway?

To make the mini octopus I made a 'suckers' cane with white+translucent in the middle, translucent+ maroon+red middle + maroon+red outer. Then I rolled the cane really really thin. I cut off tiny pieces and stuck two rows on top of a white+translucent log that has a thin layer of maroon+red on top. Then, finally, I use a pin and I push in all of the "suckers" and cut off some sushi sized slices.

Making mini octopus

The sushi rolls were done the usual way (First Sushi Blog), but this time I really fluffed up the rice after I cut thee cane.

salmon roll canes in the making. 


mini sushi
The only think left to do is stick on a few magnets.


Next up is mini cakes. I think Ill make some citrus cake platters and maybe a confetti cake.


2 comments:

  1. YUMMY YUMMY! One of my very favourite, Real Life foods, and so after looking at your delicious-looking mini sushi I am seriously rethinking tonights dinner menu!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...